For their 50th anniversary, Graphic Design USA or GDUSA asked their readers: “What is your favorite poster design of the past half -century?” This survey was part of a series where they asked the design community about who they thought were the most influential designers and what works they
admired. The list below contains some of the world’s most well-know designers along with some of their most well-known work.
All of which are the top picks by the graphic design community and are considered to be some of the best.
Here are the top 10 favorite poster designs from GDUSA (as decided by their readers).
1. Bob Dylan | Milton Glaser
2. IBM (Eye, Bee, M) | Paul Rand
3. Anatomy of a Murder | Saul Bass
4. Obama Hope | Shepard Fairey
5. Three Penny Opera | Paul Davis
6. Bring In ’Da Noise | Paula Scher
7. Alvin Ailey | Steff Geissbuhler
8. Knoll Furniture “Hot Seat” | Woody Pirtle
9. Vietnam Antiwar Poster (End Bad Breath)| Seymour Chwast
10. Day of the Heroic Guerilla, Che Guevera | Eric Serrano
What do you think of GDUSA’s list of the top ten Poster designs of the last 50 years? Which is your favorite? Do you think there is a poster not featured on this list that deserves to be there? Let us know in the comments below.